Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas blues...

So, this is only the second Christmas that I will have spent away from my family (the first was when I was pregnant with Emily), and I am not so happy about it! I look forward to and love this holiday every year. It's so much fun with my family! But here...it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Not to mention the fact that Michael and I are SO broke that we aren't even getting presents for each other for Christmas day (we decided that after he gets paid and during the after-Christmas sales are going on, we'll get each other something). We've only gotten Emily a couple of gifts and I kinda feel bad about it, but I know she's getting things from others, and also she's too young to remember or care too much how much stuff she gets and from who.
And then there's the food...I always LOVE the food that we have with my family at Christmas (almost as much as our Thanksgiving food), and I'm just hoping that ours with Michael's family will be just as yummy!
I certainly plan on making the most of it all, and I'm sure it'll be a good time, but just not the same...I would really love to write more, but I feel like poop (nauseous again), and I honestly don't know what else to say. Please don't get me wrong! I love Michael's family, and I'm sure we'll have a good time, and me and baby will get plenty to eat, and Emily will get wonderful presents! I guess I'm just a little sad about being away from my family this year and missing all the fun and family love in NC! :-)
Hope all of yall's Christmas holidays are wonderful, and I love love love you all!
MERRY CHRISTMAS and BLESSINGS TO ALL!!!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Well, there are been arguing in the white house over when to go to the Rawley's. I want to be there for Christmas day but Jake doesn't. He wants to have family presents here and then go up there Friday and have dirty santa xmas Sat with all of them. We're having roast beef because it's In Young's favorite. I don't know what we'll end up doing. I'm trying not to be a baby about it but we always go there!...if we're in the counrty. Anyway, it'll merry whatever happens I guess. Miss you!

Bunch of Barrons said...

Hey girl! I hope your Christmas day turned out alright! :) I know it must be hard to be away from family, as irritating as mine can be I would miss them something awful. :) haha. Love you!

Jessi said...

update! update! update!
LOVE Nano