Thursday, September 27, 2012

Time With God...

I want more. But somehow I let everything else come before my time with Him. I don't know why it isn't a more natural priority for me. I always talk to Him off and on all day...almost every night...but I want to start my day with Him. I need to. And I will. 

I'm taking steps to be more organized. To clean on a bit of a schedule so that I know things that need to get done will, rather than being put off until "later" (we all know that "later" can easily turn into "not get done at all today"). Surely if I can work on this, I can make time for Him.

I have never even read through the entire New Testament (in order)...and right now I'm supposed to be doing this with my parents and siblings. I haven't even started. See? I don't know what it is...but I need to get on it. 

I know I'm not the only one, but I sure do spend a lot of time in prayer and study when things are rough. I don't want to just spend time with Him and in His word when I feel like I need it. And really, I need it ALL the time. It's just that when my heart is hurting, or I know that a situation is so big that only He can handle it...that's when I can't help but go to Him. 

I can't bring myself to wake up before everyone else and in the quiet of morning have my devo time. I would love to do it in peace, but what can I say? I need my rest (and with Madelyn waking up off and on throughout the nights lately, I really do need it). 

There are really no excuses, though. I could take 5 minutes, or 30 minutes, or whatever it might be and fit in a few verses and a prayer. The verse (and song) just came to mind that says,

 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness."

Every day is a new day and it's never too late to begin anew! To start a habit. How long do they say it takes to form a habit? (Yes, I'm Googling it.) It seems the most popular answer is "an average of 66 days". So...about two months, give or take. That seems like a long time to me. Haha But surely I can do it! 

And now, to get this day going. So much to do...and with a fussy child and a tired momma! Ah, the joys of motherhood. :-) At least with Him as my Father, I know that all things are possible! Even something as simple as getting the house clean when I'm tired. ;-)

1 comment:

Robin Lynn said...

Hey Sweetie - You can do it! all the things your heart desires ... The Father will strengthen you and the Spirit will guide you. We're on day 11 ... but just divide it up and you'll catch up. Love you - these are exciting times - even in the midst of tiredness. Love you!! :)