Wednesday, September 5, 2012

When drawing a blank...Google it! ~ Or ~ Schedule it!

Pick your own title, they both apply here. ;-)

Yeah, so I totally just typed into Google "blog post topics". Hahaha My mind is blank, I need to get to cleaning and laundry and I just wanted to get something up on here, though. So...I Googled it! I seriously Google everything. If I can't remember how to spell something, recipes, ideas, questions, etc. I ♥ Google. Okay, enough about that!

So I didn't really come up with anything from my search, but an idea did still come to me. :-) 

I have things, daily, that I want and need to do. I've tried this before and been temporarily successful, but I've been wondering if I write out a schedule if I would get more done. So, here I'm going to make a list of things that I want to do on a weekly or daily basis and then on my own will make a schedule later. I feel like maybe if I designate certain times to certain things I'll be more likely to get them done and then possibly be left with even more "free time" at the end of the day where I don't have things left to do or feel stressed about the things that were left undone. That was a long sentence. Oh, well! Okay, here goes it:

~ Scripture/prayer time (I pray daily, but would like to have a specific prayer list that I follow, maybe designate each day to certain topics).
~ Blogging time (and do better about having topics written down so that I'm never at a loss with what I can write about).
~ Cleaning (again, designate specific things to certain days but also just have a certain time each day that I spend cleaning and organizing).
~ Working out (I need to start up again, but have NOT been able to find the motivation for months. So sad and disappointing. Maybe start with 3 days a week.)
~ Teaching time with Madelyn (we need to work on numbers and letters and shapes, etc).

Those are really the main things right now that I want to focus on. I just want to feel less stressed about keeping up with it all and really feel accomplished at the end of each day.

So now tell me, how do you do it? How do you keep up with everything? Does it come easy and naturally to get it all done and be organized? Do you follow a schedule or just do things as you feel like it? I have heard and read hundreds of tips over the years and I still struggle with staying on top of everything. But I'm getting better, and will only continue to get better! 

Hope all my blogging buddies have an amazing and fulfilling day today!

1 comment:

Laura (LouLou) said...

I would love to tell you how I do it, but I am still figuring it out :(
I was pretty upset when an unexpected guest showed up yesterday after lunch time and I was burried in fabric and my house was a total disaster.


PS I nominated you for another award.... http://bookofloulou.blogspot.com/2012/09/laine-blogger-award.html